Monday, April 27, 2009

Songwriters

So tonight I am working on some song writing. The hard part is that I am very critical of my own writing that I usually give up. I compare myself to my heroes that are veterans and have been doing this for years. However, the one rule that I do have is that it has to be heart felt even if it is fictional. One of my favorite singer/songwriters played in town recently and I just love his song writing. I think what makes his lyrics so good is the way he tells stories about his own struggles in life....much having to do with his faith (or decreasing faith) in the Christian God. But the lyrics are written so creatively in sometimes a parable form. And best of all he is slightly transparent about his struggles and conflicts with the world around him and beyond. 

So here is to all the good songwriters who have worked hard to create wonderful song and lyric while maintaing authenticity and passion. 

-Cheers

No comments: