Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Sports

So today I am supposed to write about sports. I woke up today and realized that this would be the most difficult thing to type on a weekly basis. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy sports, it just seems that whenever people write or talk about sports on TV they get really intense and talk about sports as if it is the most important thing in the world.

I don't think I can talk like that and convince anybody that I am being authentic. Sometimes I live my life like the Green Bay Packers are the most important thing in the world. But I shouldn't, even though they are the best team in the NFL.

I was also thinking about how weird it is that people get so worked up over sports. We have to root for someone or a group of people in our off time and then hope they don't fail us in trying to win a game. And then the best part is we fight with our friends about which group of people playing the game is better than the other group of people playing the game. Then we throw it in our friends face that "we won", when in fact all we did was destroy our bodies with hot wings and beer while staring at a bright TV for eight hours.

With all of this said I still enjoy participating in this event, its just weird to type about it. I guess it is something that people have done for years. It even goes back to the Roman empire. After all, we have to do something with our free time. And if your going to participate you might as well root for the best franchise in all of sports history........The Green Bay Packers.

-Cheers

No comments: