Monday, June 01, 2009

Monday Update

Monday Update, June 1, 2009

Over this last weekend: Friday night my wife and I went to a BBQ to visit with some friends of ours at their house where an additional mutual friend from high school was visiting from Texas. It was good catching up and having a great time together. Saturday was a sleep in day. I had a little bit of a lesson in life that day as well and I hope that I will learn from it. Lets just say my afternoon did not go so well. That evening my wife had a middle school small group over night event at one of my volunteers house (Kaitlyn) and because of this Kaitlyn sent her husband to stay with me that night. Because of this we stayed up late playing games. Sunday we did the church thing and I got to see one of my students get baptized, very cool! 
Later that afternoon we celebrated my father-in-laws birthday. We had lunch and shared fun stories. I ended the day going down to Olympia to play in my last regular season Ultimate Frisbee game. Next week we will have the tournament. Out of the 6 teams we have the #3 seed. 
Today's Events: I did a little bit of work from home this morning and then spent the afternoon on the lake. A bunch of guys that I am friends with and I had the afternoon off so we went wake boarding. Then I had a 3 hour meeting at the church tonight. So today went by very quickly. 

To-Do-List this week: Plan for the last middle school small groups of the year. I need to plan out a better writing schedule. I would like to figure out a way to make this blog better (not visual but content, more consistency with what I am writing), Work on summer camp, and catch up on some reading. 

Current Procrastination: Silence, prayer, exercise.

Books that I am currently reading: 1776 by David McCullough, and Reimagining Church by Frank Viola. 

Music that I have been into this week: Oasis and M. Ward 

How do I feel about this week: Ready for change. 

-Cheers

No comments: