Monday, May 11, 2009

Monday Update!

Monday Update, May 11, 2009

Over this last weekend: Friday night I had date night with my wife and we went out to go see the new Star Trek movie. I loved it! It went past my expectations. I had no idea they were actually going to throw in a complex plot during what I perceived to be just another remake of something that was already great. Saturday was mothers day for my mother in law. We BBQ'd some Bratwurst and spent the afternoon with family. That evening we went out with my old friend Jon that I have known since middle school. He was in town from Spokane where he currently lives. I love the guy and wish he never moved. Sunday was mothers day with my mother. Spent some time and had lunch with my side of the family. This was followed by week 3 in my Ultimate Frisbee League down in Olympia. We lost again, and this time I believe it was because half of the team (including our captain) was not there. We are now 1-2. It was a fun and fast weekend, and I am really hoping for some warmer weather soon!  

Today's Events: Catch up on some cleaning, reading, and prep work for a new series we will be going through on Wednesday night youth group sessions. 

To-Do-List this week: Write a letter to parents about the new series for Wednesday nights with the youth group, and finish planning for the summer. Also some work around the house if it stops raining.  

Current Procrastination: Silence. I need more silence with God in my life. 

Books that I am currently reading: Fever Pitch by Nick Hornby (Almost Finished) , Orthodoxy by G.K. Chesterton (Almost Finished), and 1776 by David McCullough (Still have some time on this one). 

Music that I have been into this week: Eels

How do I feel about this week: Good, just good. 

-Cheers

No comments: