Thursday, May 14, 2009

Fun time at Youth Group

I had an absolute blast at youth group last night. I am a middle school youth director/youth pastor at a church and sometimes it can be harder than it looks, yet last night was just one of the best nights ever. We had about 35 middle school students and 6 leaders there and we could not leave our youth room because the gym was being used and it was pouring outside. So all of the games and activities stayed inside. Can I just say it SMELLED like middle school. One of my old youth leaders came upstairs and told me he could smell it from downstairs. And with his history of over ten years of working with Middle Schoolers he knows that smell! But there was something about last night, besides the smell, that just made me feel very proud and privileged to be able to do what I do. 

Here are my two favorite middle school quotes from last night: 

"I love wearing high water pants, they make me feel awesome!" 

"Sorry he couldn't come to youth group tonight because he is at the mall because he is fat" <-- for this one I had to ask the kid why he would say something like that but you would have to understand the two kids and their friendship to get this one completely I guess. But I laughed really hard in my head. 

It is going to be really hard as always to say goodbye to our 8th graders this year as they move up to the High School ministry. That is always and probably will always be the hardest part of my job. 

So again, thanks be to God for my wonderful ministry! 

-cheers

No comments: