Monday, January 19, 2009

Monday Update

Monday Update, January 19th, 2009

Over this last weekend: I spent Friday evening at home with some friends and we watched the new Friday Night Lights episode. We also watched the movie called Eagle Eye. This was a fun movie, but I am glad that we rented it on DVD instead of seeing it in the theatre. We spent Saturday going car shopping. I almost found the exact car I wanted until I found out it wasn't for sell. It was fun though. My parents decided to tag along with my wife and I and they took us out to lunch. Free lunch is always the right choice. Sunday morning youth church went great! We discussed James 4:13-17. During main service they had our children's Christmas concert makeup day (due to cancellation of bad weather). 

I left church a few minutes early because I had like 15 people coming over to my house for a party in celebration of the end of the fantasy football league (aka Dungeons and Dragons for Jocks). So my friend and Charlie and I spent an hour cleaning the house a bit before they came over (Charlie is like family, this is why he is also cleaning :) ). Everyone had a good time, we planned out next season, watched football, and ate together. 

Today's Events: Today is MKL Jr. Day. I spent some time watching old clips of Dr. King. I have always been a huge fan of him and what he did. In fact so much so that I spent a portion of my undergrad studying King and other African American history at UW. I have a book that has a collection of his speeches and plan on reading some of that tonight. 

Today I also spent some time cleaning, and I still need to clean more. 15 people at your house can get a little messy. I have also been catching up on some reading and am actually heading out with my wife to a books store so she can buy books for her next quarter of masters work. After the books store I plan on coming back home and reading more. Oh, and it is really foggy. I cannot even see the lake out my window. 

To-Do-List this week: Still working on Winter Camp. I also have to work on our Fundraiser and contact some other churches and make sure that I am not needed at their camps anymore so that I can fill out my calendar for the next two months. 

Current Procrastination: Running/Exercising <--yes still!

Books that I am currently reading: I am still working on "The Complete Maus" by Art Spiegelman, I am now reading "The New Christians" by Tony Jones and still working through the long "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Music that I have been into this week: The Boxer Rebellion - Union....this is more of a mainstream band that has not totally made its way, but surprisingly I really like them even though I tend to be more of a music snob. 
How do I feel about this week: Relaxed.

-Cheers

No comments: