Thursday, December 11, 2008

Sometimes I want to grow down

Tonight I spent some time looking at some beautiful pictures of my friend (since middle school) Theresa's newborn/firstborn baby that she posted on her facebook. It was just so unreal for me to see pictures of my friends baby. What the heck? It seems like just yesterday we were in middle school hanging out with our friends after school. Now we are all getting married, moving and having kids. What happened? We spend so much time when we are young discussion what we want to be or do when we grow up. Sometimes I think about what I would do if I got to grow down for a week. Sometimes I would love to hang out with my old friends 10 years ago just for a week.

Don't get me wrong. I love my life today. I have a beautiful wife who I love very much and am in a place where I am happy working in the ministry. But wow we are constantly in fast forward.

Lately I have been trying to take things SLOW in life. I try not to be so busy. Maybe this is why I find doing things Slow again so intriguing, because I am growing up to fast.

Perhaps we should all slow down and grow down a little.

-Cheers

1 comment:

Ryan said...

The best way to "grow down" is to hold on to the simple joys we typically leave behind when we "grow up". Life is too good to lose the joy of it all.