Monday, November 10, 2008

Monday Update

Monday Update, November 10th, 2008

Over this last weekend: Friday I had a great time getting together with a good friend of mine from the bay area along with my wife and other great friends and local youth workers. We had some great dinner and played a really funny board game together. Saturday day was a morning spent sleeping. It has been about a month since we were able to sleep in so my wife and I took advantage of that. Waking up at 10:00 felt nice. Then I got some great news that my friend in military prison got parole and is going to get out early. This of course is a special situation that would take to long to explain in a monday report, but trust me on this one, he is a great guy. Saturday during the day we cleaned and ate pancakes, then we watched one of my favorite movies...About a Boy. During the evening on Saturday night I had the privilege of taking my good friend Charlie out for his birthday. We went to one of his favorite places, Smokey Joe's. Smokies is a bar above a Bingo hall of all places that turns into one of the most comfortable and most beautiful sports bars that I have ever been to. It is filled with comfortable leather couches with big screen HD screens all over the walls. Great place for College football! It is also one of the few indoor establishments where one can partake in smoking the occasional pipe or cigar. Sunday morning I preached to the High School Ministry about Discouragement. I must say it went really well. God really really deserves all glory for this as well. What a wonderful message for students to find hope during times of discouragement and depression in the Bible. After church we did the normal Sunday football thing. Another Green Bay loss unfortunately. Next week we play the Bears, this will be a big game.

Today's Events: So Monday I have the day off - except this Monday. I worked from 8:00 am till about 11:30 am. Not bad but it is still painful when you have to work on your day off. Oh well, such is life. Tonight after everyone else got off work my wife and I had a couple friends over for Monday night football, Heroes, and I am now listening to them scream over fun games of Mario Kart Wii.

To-Do-List this week: Get small groups ready for next week. And I also have to work harder at getting ready for my Nashville trip, November 20th - 25th. I still have to book a hotel for the night of the 24th. Still working on those goals. Maybe I should start out with even MORE realistic goals.

Current Procrastination: Booking my hotel room, and paying bills.

Books that I am currently reading: I am still working on "The Complete Maus" by Art Spiegelman, however, I did finish "How to be Good" and "Watchmen". I will be posting reviews soon. I am now also reading "Vintage Jesus" by Mark Driscoll and "Crime and Punishment" by Fyodor Dostoyevsky.

Music that I have been into this week: The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band, and David Bazan - (new single only) American Flags. Album release date TBA.

How do I feel about this week: A little unprepared. Excited to see what happens with Small Groups but also a little nervous.

-Cheers

No comments: