Monday, November 03, 2008

Monday Update

I decided to start doing monday updates. Someone does something similar on a blog that I read daily and I really liked the idea. It is a fun way to look back at the week and forward at the week to come. So this will soon become a weekly thing. Most people have a hard time dealing with Mondays, however, I never have a 'case of the Mondays' like those in the popular movie 'Office Space' site so accurately. In fact, I have Mondays off. So I look forward to taking time during my day off each week to create a Monday Update!

Monday Update, November 3rd, 2008

Over this last weekend: I spent my time on friday getting some last second studying finished for Sunday morning. Once I got home I prepared for Halloween. I made sure that we had our candy bars ready (full size candy bars! Since not many kids come to our house, those that do will be surprised that WE HAD THE BEST CANDY!). Then I cleaned out my car and got ready to volunteer for an event that my father in law was hosting for some youth in our neighborhood. He hosts a weekly Friday night Guys youth group for the Tillicum neighborhood. For Halloween he decided to do the classic Pumpkin Chase. It was a lot of fun. It is basically a scavenger hunt where you drive around town and follow clues to be the first team to find a huge pumpkin full of candy. Oh yeah my team won both games! Saturday I spent the morning/afternoon holding up signs petitioning for proposition 1 in Lakewood, Washington. I have never held a sign for a political cause but I really am behind this cause. Then I drive to my local phone store to upgrade my phone like I do every 2 years when it is time. I was excited for this because my old phone had a mind of its own and would just start beeping at me for no reason. Sometimes it would just die when it wanted to even with a full battery. Saturday evening my wife and I went to a Halloween party with a bunch of our friends. It has become an annual thing and is usually always the day after Halloween. Sunday was a normal church/football day. I watched my Packers lose another tough but close game. However, our good friend was up visiting from the Bay area and we had a great visit with her. Overall it was a great weekend!

Todays Events: Today was a not so fun trip to the dentist. I had three fillings performed on my teeth. Funny that I go to the dentist for fillings three days after Halloween. After the trip I sat around took headache medicine and read books and watched a few episodes of one of my favorite shows 'How I Met Your Mother'. I might catch up with the Monday Night Football game tonight and then watch Heroes.

To-Do-List this week: I really want to hit my weekly goals this week. I won't hit them all but I can get close this week if I push hard. I have them on the wall by the fridge so that I read what I need to do each time I get something to drink. I need to prepare for Wednesday Night Youth Group and for next Sunday as I am a guest teacher for a High School Ministry. I also need to book an extra hotel room for an additional night in Nashville (thanks Orbitz). And lastly I need to work on meeting with my volunteers to get our group set up for small groups.

Current Procrastinations: Becoming certified to be a substitute teacher in my neighborhood. I hope to achieve this soon so that I can make some extra savings money while teaching some of the kids I work with and getting to know their friends while also serving my community more.

Books that I am currently reading: I am almost finished with "How to be Good" by Nick Hornby and "The Watchmen" by Alan Moore. I will probably be working on finishing "The Complete Maus" by Art Spiegelman for another week or two.

Music that I have been into this week: Rocky Votolato - The Brag and Cuss , and mewithoutyou - Brother, Sister.

How do I feel about this next week: Good actually! After dealing with a couple of weeks with discouragement I am looking forward to this week.

-Cheers

No comments: