Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Something about bowling...

Last night I enjoyed a night of bowling with the lady and some friends. Some people may be aware of my bowling nerd status. I was in a bowling league for about 5 years of my life. I placed 5th in state once, and I get very serious about bowling. Last night was the first night in months that I have gone. I kind of retired from the bowling scene. However, I tell myself that is now excuse to drop below the wonderful numbers I used to put up in my prime....

Last night I began in the 140's, then I decided to yell at the pins more. This resulted in a 189, a little bit closer to my goal. And then I was beat down with a 115! That's right a 115. What was wrong with me. So then I played another and was back to the 140ish range. At this point I was in rage with the pins because I kept getting nines and leaving 1 pin standing. They were laughing at me.

But just when they thought they had me I pulled a fast one on them. I would not let them set off my anger. Instead, I struck back by ending the night with a good ol non-competitive game of "wrong hand bowling/inbetween the legs bowing." I ended up with a 37. It was the best 37 of my life!

1 comment:

Tim said...

Bowling Smowling. You know it's all about bridge.