Thursday, May 25, 2006

One Day at a Time

When living in a society as fast paced as the one I am presently apart of, it is hard for one not to be sucked into exhastive appointments and schedules that are filled with days, hours, and minutes. People need rest, people need quiet, stillness, and peace. Yet for me this seems to be something that is being forgotten more often in western society.

It is not uncommon for westerners to be overwhelmed with anxiety, worry, or stress. It is very likley for one to go to sleep and dream of nightmares that include deadlines, projects, and family problems. In the past I have let these issue's take over my life more so than I should have.

My society needs to make more time for stillness, peace, and quiet. Once one accomplishes this they can begin to listen. Listening is one of the most powerful yet unused gifts that the human race was given.

So perhaps this is a good first thought that I wanted to share with readers. Take the time to stop what you are doing. Relax, think, and listen.

No comments: