I came back in town to a confused Washington State that cannot decide if it wants to pull through with more summer or jump right into fall.
This year my vote is for fall.
Anyway....Camp was great!
Some of the wonderful things that can happen at a student ministry retreat include:
- 10 ft. inner tubes flying in the air and crashing down to the lake only to find that a student has bitten through their tongue.
- A reenactment of The West Side Story done through random improve....Jets vs. Sharks.
- 12 man towel fight that leaves plenty of welts and bruises.
- Poop in the shower (and wonderful volunteers that clean it so I don't have to!)
- Trying to inner tube a second day on the lake during one of the worst rain/wind storms of the summer.
- Quiet times in Colossians.
- Watching teens learn how to pursue Jesus.
- And of course......watching students drink mountain dew through their neighbors sock.
It just doesn't get any better than that!